Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Banana Bread

I always end up having over ripe bananas since I'm the only one in my family who eats bananas, which I then turn into banana bread! I end up sometimes making 2 loaves which I bring one to work and keep one at home...both lasting no more than a day!

Ingredients

3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork or masher
3/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips or chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour loaf pan. Beat together sugar and oil. Add eggs one at a time then vanilla. Fold in mashed bananas. Whisk together remaining ingredients except chocolate chips or nuts in a separate bowl, then add to wet mixture just until combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips or nuts. Bake for 1 hour and allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before inverting onto cooling rack.

No comments: